A Part Time opportunity has arisen for a Teaching Assistant to work 1- 1 with a KS2 pupil unit within a ‘good’ primary school in Barrow. The position is 5 morning Monday to Friday 8.45am till 12.00noon
The successful candidates will:
• have high expectations of both themselves and pupils
• be motivated, organised, committed and enthusiastic
• have a love of learning which they are able to instil in our pupils
• have experience of working with children with SEND
• have experience of working in a school
• be a committed team member and be willing to become involved in the wider life of the school
• have a relevant level 3 qualification or equivalent
• have English and mathematics GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above
We are looking for someone who can:
• can liaise effectively with outside agencies to deliver specific support packages to targeted pupils
• work within the class supporting whole class teaching
• deliver small group and/or work 1:1 with pupils, as directed by the class teacher
• provide feedback to the class teacher on pupil progress
• take part in whole school daily tasks – playground duty, displays, attend staff meetings as required
To be considered for the role of Teaching Assistant, an enhanced DBS Certificate may need to be carried out as well as satisfactory references being taken.
M2 Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer who specialises in placing education staff across the North of England. M2 Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is a position starting after ASAP and could potentially run until the end of the Summer term.