We are seek to looking for a Teaching Assistant to work 1 to 1 with a child currently in KS1, starting as soon as possible to work five days per week, term time only, 8.45 – 3.15pm.
This role is an ongoing role but will continue pending a review of the EHCP or the pupil/s departure from the school, if earlier.
Times and hours of hours work may be changed, dependent on the review of the EHCP together with the times of the day the hours are worked so flexibility would be an advantage.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and dedicated person who wants to be involved in the education of young children.
NVQ Level 3 is preferred with experience appropriate for the role. You will work with and support an identified child with specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural needs on an individual basis.
Under the supervision of the KS1 leader you will undertake a range of varied tasks to support teaching, learning and care across the whole curriculum by working with a named specific child who has an EHCP. The work will be in Key Stage One class and depend on the age of the child and their individual needs, but may include:
– Assist the class teacher in preparing and delivering suitable learning materials for the pupil
– working inside or outside the classroom on a 1 to1 basis
– establishing a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the pupil according to needs
– promoting respect, self-esteem and a positive, inclusive whole school ethos
– looking after the child’s physical, social and emotional welfare
– creating a stimulating environment
– encourage independent learning and promote inclusion
– giving information and help to teachers
– keeping records, contributing to monitoring and recording pupil progress
– complying with all school policies and procedures.
– Share our vision and ethos for the highest standards in all aspects of school life
– Have good communication and organisational skills.
If you think you have the right characteristics to carry out these tasks and would like to be part of a small friendly village school which is at the centre of the community, then please get in touch.
M2 Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Written references will be taken up and any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other recruitment vetting checks